Ultco - Quality Assurance ManagerUltco is a fast-growing mission-driven U.S. seafood company dedicated to sustainability and superior quality. Their mission is to connect their customers to superior products with unrivaled quality, a sustainable value chain, and responsible fishing & farming practices. Their fishermen are leaders in responsible harvesting practices and employ methods to deliver a fresh from the ocean experience. Their processing facilities bring next-generation technology to all stages of farming, harvesting, and processing. These include state-of-the-art land-based hatcheries, technology-enabled aqua farms, and processing plants certified to the highest food safety standards.
Ultco is committed to a workplace built on trust, innovation, and teamwork. Because of their strong commitment to quality, they are lookingfor a professional to oversee their processing facilities:
Quality Assurance Manager
Main tasks:The responsibilities of this position are those normally associated with a Quality Assurance Manager and include but are not limited to the following:
- Establish internal SOPs for ready to both eat (RTE) and products for heat treatment.
- Collaborate with company leadership in the generation of all technical product specification sheets and establish systems for new specification approval.
- Oversee production across multiple European facilities to ensure ongoing compliance with all company specifications.
- Coordinate company internal and 3rd party pre-shipment inspection protocols including COAs for all products.
- Interface with key customers QA department leads as needed by the company.
- Work with suppliers to ensure compliance with GFSI and key customer food safety audit standards and reporting requirements.
- Previous experience in quality assurance/food safety within a food processing environment
- Experience in GFSI standards, BRC, HACCP, GMP, FDA, and working with Federal and State inspectors
- Ability to work closely with management to advise and resolve issues as needed
- Proven ability to manage priorities and work efficiently in a cross-functional environment
- Preferably 5+ years of full-time industry experience in quality control or assurance.
- Experience in the development or implementation of food manufacturing Food Safety Programs preferable.
- Ability to travel 50%-60% and travel on short notice when needed
To be successful in this position:
We believe it is essential that you enjoy selling and negotiating, find it easy to persuade others, influence others and win their support. You observe and analyze others' motives and reactions. As the Quality Assurance Manager, you take on a broad perspective, realize and consider the wider and longer-term consequences of incidents, plans, and activities.
Your approach is very systematic and well organized, you define clear priorities, plan well ahead and with realistic time-scales, - you stick to deadlines and take care to follow procedures. You always respect rules and regulations. You have strong writing, verbal, and computer skills.
In this role, it is important that you see jobs through to the end and pay close attention to quality issues. You quickly grasp complex issues and problems, identify the core of a problem and evaluate information thoroughly. You really enjoy working with concepts, models, and strategies, and like and seek intellectual challenges.
What can you expect from us?
- A workplace with a fast pace and quick decision-making.
- A company where there are continuous opportunities for development.
- Owners with significant growth ambitions in the years to come.
- Competitive terms.