Business Development Manager
Veramaris is leading the ongoing revolution in new, sustainable aquaculture feed ingredients. Salmon can now grow up on EPA and DHA omega-3 from microalgae. Veramaris supports the continued sustainable growth of aquaculture – beyond the limits of fish oil supply. With its unique go-to-market approach, collaborating with global retailers, Veramaris creates a market for algal-fed salmon and thereby supports the industry in both creating and capturing value. Our mission – Healthy Fish, Healthy Food, Healthy Oceans – represents the three ways we in which we contribute to a sustainable future.
Business Development Manager NorwayDo you want to drive sustainability and innovation in the seafood industry?
In just six months since their plant opening, Veramaris is seeing such success that they already need to expand the team. Veramaris is now looking for a Business Development Manager Norway wanting to drive meaningful change. The BDM Norway builds and drives the business by combining value propositions along the entire value chain, including stakeholder groups; feed mills, fish farmers, exporters, processors, retailers as well as policy makers, journalists, academics and NGOs. Your role is to influence all of them, promoting the Veramaris solution.
- You will drive the successful introduction of Veramaris algal EPA & DHA by positioning Veramaris as the best partner for sustainability-fuelled growth. The key is to leverage the ability to create demand from leading retailers for Veramaris-fed fish.
- The essence of this role is to manage customers, key stakeholders and their projects, along the value chain, and from “business leads to confirmed customers”.
- You will not only become the face of Veramaris in the Norwegian aquaculture community, but possibly also become known for making great things happen, for his/her unique knowledge, and is well respected and liked. It means you stay on top of industry news and trends, have a keen eye for innovation and know all there is to know of what is moving and shaking.
- You will also co-develop new applications in feed, and new ways to organize our business model. These efforts will be powered by Veramaris’ superior “fish free” oil, the only alternative to fish oil with a complete fatty acid profile.
- In addition, you will be supported by an industry-leading marketing muscle and an amazingly talented and dedicated team of colleagues. You’ll also collaborate with colleagues to refine our go-to-market strategy, support marketing, localize materials in Norwegian, and foster relations with media.
You create trust through listening, being respectful of others and by being generally easy-going and dynamic. You are entrepreneurial with a heart beating for sustainability, with a broad business acumen both from technical and commercial roles. You have been involved in complex sales processes before, and you build strong relationships. You enjoy selling and negotiating, find it easy to persuade others and influence others and win their support. You are team-oriented and considerate, enjoy working and being supportive of others, but also enjoy working independently You quickly grasp complex issues and problems, identify the core of a problem and evaluate information thoroughly. Being able to work analytically and mirror message and style according to feedback from customers will be important in this position. You set self-ambitious and demanding goals, enjoy difficult challenges and want to get ahead and succeed.
- A relevant and related university degree
- +5 years of delivering sales results in a challenging environment.
- Project Management skills and/or experience in managing value chains.
- Experience from start-up cultures this will count as an advantage.
- Fluent in minimum one Scandinavian language and English
- A strong communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Available to travel up to 50%, depending on residence.
- Residence in Norway, yet international working experience preferable.
- Knowledge up and down the aquaculture value chain.
- Excellent people skills and a team player with coaching know-how.
Veramaris offers the right candidate:
A once-in-a-lifetime chance to join a very special start-up, one that will shape the future of fish feed, and enable to provide healthy seafood to a growing world population. You will be the one to drive this positive change in Norway. You will thrive and personally grow in very strong team of unique talent. You will also have access to further global career opportunities in the two parent companies. In addition to this:
- Competitive package
- Training and personal development
- International career opportunities
- Flexible and positive team and culture
- The chance to make big difference by driving sustainable innovation in the global seafood industry