Atlantic Sapphire is a world leading land raised salmon farming company with operations in both Denmark and Florida USA. Atlantic Sapphire is Merkur Market listed.
The company has developed methods and technology to raise salmon close to the end market and with very little impact to the environment. The Atlantic Sapphire salmon is recognized as the most sustainable by leading NGOs.
Atlantic Sapphire is building its first US facility in Miami, Florida, with a 220 kt HOG production facility under development.
The company lives by the core values; passion, performance, innovation, integrity and balance.
Atlantic Sapphire focuses on:
- Pioneering Bluehouse™ Farming, Locally
- Transforming Protein Production, Globally
- To Feed The World Sustainably
Atlantic Sapphire is seeking a Biological Controller to join their operations in Miami. This position will be responsible for the control, management and analysis of key performance indicators, and long and short-term production planning from egg to harvest. This exciting and challenging position will require strong interdisciplinary knowledge of salmon biology, water quality, the production process in a RAS facility, and strong computer skills.
Atlantic Sapphire is searching for someone who acts on their own initiative, makes things happen and have a systematic approach. Quickly understands and analyses complex issues and problems, and comes up with sound and rational judgements. Someone who demonstrates specialist knowledge and expertise in their area and participate in continuous professional development, and have the ability to challenge our methods and work for continuous improvement. Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way and present effectively. Cooperates well with others and share knowledge, experience and information, as well as being self-motivated and able to work independently. Main responsibilities in this job:
- Monitor and optimize Fish and Feed Performance
- Productions planning, forecasting and budgeting support
- Biological control and reporting
- Benchmarking, analysis, and driving fish performance across with Water Quality
- Unitary cost analysis, cost projection and link performance data with finance
- Feed Management
- Preferably 5 years’ experience in Atlantic salmon aquaculture with emphasis in RAS.
- Understanding of biological planning, RAS systems and production modeling.
- Exceptional planning skills.
- Experience with FishTalk or similar platforms are desirable.
- Experience with Power BI or similar platforms are desirable.
- Exceptional data process and analysis skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- A challenging position in the world's largest landbased bluehouse company
- Personal and professional development
- Competitive terms