Stavis Seafoods - CEO
Stavis Seafoods has been an anchor of the international seafood industry for more than 90 years. Surfacing on the Boston seafood scene in 1929, Stavis quickly grew from a clam company to a one-stop-source for high quality seafood, delivering more than 1000 seafood items nationwide from more than 48 countries.
We source the best seafood available and offer four diverse, recognized brands. At Stavis, we educate you on quality, flavor, and resources so you can sell with confidence. Our seasoned sales staff and expert buyers focus on keeping you competitive with up-to-the minute seafood pricing and trends so you can also buy with confidence.
Stavis is one of the few seafood companies that can provide same-day truck or air shipments worldwide. Stavis has the ability to accommodate specific packing and shipping requirements and utilizes a full-time quality assurance staff. Stavis is also a leading importer into the Florida seafood market specializing in fresh seafood from Central and South America.
Stavis Seafoods is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to provide the experience and leadership that the company needs to remain at the forefront of the industry. Creating a vision of success, developing a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and managing revenue, profitability and growth of the organization.
The role of the CEO is to supervise and control all strategic business aspects of the company, developing the budget, the annual operating plan and overseeing operations activities to ensure the growth of the business. The CEO takes responsibility for management of production efficiency, quality, service and utilising cost-effective management resources, taking decisions and actions to enhance the company's net income while keeping the human factor in perspective.
Our future CEO must be connected with the fishing industry and find opportunities for expansion in order to bring new customers, open new markets, attract new talent and experienced professionals.
We are searching for a CEO with a strong commercial background (traditional & program sales), who must be experienced in the fishing and food sector.
For the right candidate, this is an unique opportunity of being part of a vertically integrated fishing company with vessels and factories all around the globe and an enormous potential for professional and personal growth.
- Develop the budget, the AOP, goals and the action plan to achieve the Corporate Strategy (short- and long-term objectives)
- Develop and implement the commercial plan to achieve the growth of the business in terms of customers, revenue, profitability etc.
- Review and approve financial forecast & statements and non-financial reports
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure desired results are achieved
- Lead and motivate to advance employee management and develop a high performing leadership team
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company's legality and business ethics
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and seafood/food industry
- Build and maintain trust with key partners and stakeholders
- Be the primary spokesperson for Stavis Seafoods
You like to be in charge, and have the ability to keep the team focused on objectives. You have a commercial perspective - enjoys selling and negotiating. Your network of contacts is wide, and you like to establish relations. You have a pragmatic and target-oriented approach and is focused on reaching results. As a person, you solve problems fast and effectively. According to this, you are systematic and defines clear priorities. You seek intellectual challenges, and enjoy working with strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or master degree in a relevant discipline or MBA
- Proven experience as CEO. > 6 years in fishing companies with at least 60M revenue
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing commercial action plan
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions (Sales, Operations, Finace etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- Preparing AOP, annual budget, review forecasting and take needed corrected actions
The recruitment process is ongoing.
Stavis Seafoods is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to create and inclusive environment for all employees. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, familial status, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.